Continuing our Halloween fun from last week, we have these super adorable frozen banana ghost pops. Turns out when you coat banana in some white chocolate and coconut, it looks freakin adorable and tastes even better. I’d say who knew but everyone knows there’s always money in the banana stand.
Frozen Banana Ghosts
Recipe taken from BBC Good Food
Gather Your Ingredients
- 200g white chocolate
- 4 medium-large, ripe bananas
- 100g desiccated coconut
- Choc Chips
- Choc Melts
- Popsicle Sticks
What to Do
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. You’ll be popping this tray in the freezer, so now might be a good time to clear it out, to avoid swearing later.
- In a small bowl, gently melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts on high Set aside to cool slightly while you get the bananas and coconut ready.
- Spread the coconut out evenly in a shallow bowl
- Cut your bananas in half and stick a popsicle stick in the big end like so –
- Using a pastry brush, coat a banana half in chocolate, letting excess drip away. Sprinkle with plenty of the coconut until coated, then set it on the prepared sheet.
- Add two choc chips for eyes, and whatever you want to cut out for a mouth. I went with half a choc melt smiley face because my son wanted friendly ghosties.
- Freeze the lollies for at least 4 hrs, and up to a week